- Our liver is able to make this powerful antioxidant, which is not true of most anti-oxidants.
- People at risk of having lower levels of glutathione are:
- Advanced age
- Chronic disease
- Constant stress
- Poor diet
- Limited physical activity
- We can support our normal glutathione levels by consuming foods rich in sulfur (Beef, Fish, Poultry, Cruciferous Vegetables, Kale and mustard greens) and allium vegetables (garlic, shallots and onions).
- Curcumin, the active ingredient of turmeric, has shown the ability to increase our natural glutathione levels.
- Sometimes people will require injection or IVs of glutathione to help replenish their antioxidant levels.
Why Supplement Glutathione?
To keep your metabolism and cells healthy. Without current American Diets we are causing a lot of inflammation at the cellular which overloads our natural antioxidant defense systems.