B6 VITAMIN INJECTION
- Vitamin B6 is also known as Pyridoxine and serves as a cofactor in many biological reactions. It is a water-soluble essential nutrient that your body cannot create on its own. It has to be obtained from your diet or supplements.
- Vitamin B6 is important in assisting in the creation of the neurotransmitters: GABA, serotonin and dopamine. These neurotransmitters can help assist in improving symptoms of depression and anxiety. There have been studies that show decreased levels of B6 are associated with increase in depression.
- Vitamin B6 has been shown to decrease blood levels of homocysteine, which has been linked to memory issues, inflammation and other chronic diseases.
- It aids in production of hemoglobin which our red blood cells use to carry oxygen to our tissues.
- It has been used for many years to help pregnant women with nausea and vomiting. Prior to taking any supplement, please check with your OB/GYN to make sure it is safe for you and your baby.
- Vitamin B6 is found in higher concentrations in meat, chickpeas, tuna, salmon and bananas.
Deficiency in any of the B vitamins can be caused by a lack of a balanced diet, medication (Especially Diabetic and Rheumatoid Arthritis medications), alcohol intake or genetic issues (MTHF gene). Schedule a office visit today for a B vitamin injection!