B3 VITAMIN INJECTION
- Vitamin B3 is also known as Niacin and plays an important role in many energy reactions when we break down fat, sugar and alcohol. It also is important in cell signaling and repairing DNA. It also has been shown to act as an antioxidant. As an essential vitamin, our body can not make it and it is has to come from our diet. Whatever we do not use is excreted in our urine.
- It is used as a medication/supplement to help lower the bad cholesterol (LDL) and can increase the good cholesterol (HDL).
- Vitamin B3 is also a cofactor in its other form called Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (NAD). You may have heard of NAD treatments either orally or via IV that can help with energy, aid in the aging process and increase memory and stamina. We do offer NAD IVs at our Phoenix location and also have oral supplements as needed.
- Deficiency in vitamin B3 is most common in people with IBD, anorexia, undernutrition and alcohol abuse.
- It is usually included in higher doses in energy drinks and can contribute to the flushing feeling after ingesting them
- It is important to take any supplement under the supervision of a medical provider, as higher doses of Vitamin B3 can precipitate a gout attack, cause flushed/itchy skin and nausea. If delivered under the correct medical care , these possible side effects can be avoided.
Deficiency in any of the B vitamins can be caused by a lack of a balanced diet, medication (Especially Diabetic and Rheumatoid Arthritis medications), alcohol intake or genetic issues (MTHF gene). Schedule a office visit today for a B vitamin injection!